It is estimated that around 15% of couples have fertility problems.
According to the instructions of the World Health Organization, if the desired pregnancy has not occurred after a year of trying, you should inform your doctor for consultation and preliminary tests. If you are older than 35, that period is 6 months.
There are various risk factors that can cause infertility in couples. Most of them can be eliminated by changing lifestyle and habits. But there are also some irreversible processes that can affect fertility.
Infertility occurs in both men and women. When determining infertility, in
- The patient's age is a decisive factor, because from the age of 35, the reproductive potential of female eggs decreases
- Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption
- Excessive or underweight body weight
- Hormonal imbalance that can disrupt ovulation (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome PCOS)
- Excessive or underweight body mass
- Recurrent spontaneous abortions
- Problems with the mucus inside the cervix: prevents sperm from accessing the uterus to fertilize the egg
- Pathologies of the uterus (myomas, polyps, septums)
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Endometriosis: it can interfere with ovulation and change the lining of the uterus and make it difficult for the embryo to implant
- Idiopathic infertility: in a certain number of women, the cause of infertility cannot be detected
- Ejaculation disorder
- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism
- Dysgenesis of the gonads
- Obstruction of canaliculi
- Sperm analysis: Spermiogram
- DNA fragmentation test
- HBA Test
- Varicocele operation
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI/AIH)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected sperm injection (IMSI)
- Hysteroscopy (polyps, fibroids, sputums, diagnostic hysteroscopy)
- Laparoscopy (ovarian cysts, endometriosis, fibroids, diagnostic laparoscopy)
- Intrauterine insemination
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG)/ tubal patency test
- Induction of ovulation and timed relations
Dr. Ilic is a very professional and very kind person, all praise.
I am not afraid that the price of fuel will increase or whether there will be a global crisis , I am afraid that Croatia will not be left without top experts such as Dr. Poljak and his team at the clinic, thanks to him and all of them from the first attempt, my husband and I We are waiting for our baby. Smiling, kind employees are always ready to help you with anything you are interested in. Dr. Poljak is first and foremost a great man, and then a top expert. held hands. Thank you very much everyone, I wish you a lot of success.